We work with professional partners to ensure that we have the most up-to-date industry information, providing you access to the help and support you need from professional bodies you can trust.
Nasen is the leading organisation in the UK for special needs information. Nasen aims to promote the education, training, advancement and development of all those with special support needs and those who work with children and young people with special and additional support needs.
Membership benefits include:
- Official magazine and newsletter
- Resources and savings
- Conferences and seminars
- Online academic journals
The National Attention Deficit Disorder Information and Support Service (ADDISS) provides people-friendly information and resources about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder to anyone who needs assistance - parents, sufferers, teachers or health professionals. (www.addiss.co.uk)
Services and support include:
- Expert advice and information
- Conferences and training opportunities
- Access to Local support groups
- ADDISS book store
The Dyspraxia Foundation is a country Wide charity, founded in 1987 as the Dyspraxia Trust by two mothers who met at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children. They decided to form their own group to help others and encourage them to help themselves by setting up local groups to support other parents and sufferers of Dyspraxia.
The Foundation seeks every opportunity to increase understanding of Dyspraxia, particularly among professionals in health and education and encourages its local groups to do the same.
- Events and fundraising
- Expertise and support
- Access to conferences
- The latest information
- Assessment of symptoms
- Advice on Dyspraxia in the workplace
- Contact information for local groups
Dyslexia Action is a national charity and UKs leading provider of services and support for people with dyslexia and literacy difficulties. It specialises in assessment, teaching and training. It also develops and distributes teaching materials and undertake research.
With Dyslexia estimated to effect 10% of the population to some degree, Dyslexia Action aim to provide help and support in order to remove the barriers facing those with learning difficulties.
- Assessment and support
- Training courses
- Workplace consultancy and support
- Reading and online resources
The National Autistic Society (NAS) is the UKs leading charity for people with autism (including Asperger syndrome). They provide information and support to people with autism and ensure their families receive quality services appropriate to their needs.
- Analysis and expertise
- Advice on living with autism, workplace opportunities, benefits and care.
- Fundraising support and volunteering
- Access to events, seminars and conferences
- Specialised training events
- Support and discussion through community forum
Afasic is the UK national charity representing children and young people with speech, language and communication impairments, while offering parents and carers support. AFASIC Promotes understanding, acceptance, equal opportunities and the inclusion into society of children and young adults with these difficulties.
- Assessment and recognition of a problem
- Telephone and email helpline service
- Support for parents and local groups
- Courses, workshops, projects and learning
- Free downloads
- Expertise in developing good practice
- Online services