10-Minute Sentence Adventure
A tried-and-tested intervention programme for writing at KS1 and lower KS2, helping children to understand the components and structure of a sentence, organise their ideas and self-check their writing. Using the hands-on tiles, children form a basic phrase then add in adjectives, adverbs, sentence openers etc to create engaging stories. Ideal for kinaesthetic and visual learners, the programme also includes photocopiable writing tasks to secure learning. The programme is designed to be used with small groups of children or on a one-to-one basis for 8 weeks. Contains: approx. 150 magnetic word tiles, including blank tiles for adding your own words, 80-page Teacher’s Notes (with photocopiable worksheets, checklists, certificates and progress trackers) and plastic box.
Reasons to Love:
• A great intervention for small groups working with a Teaching Assistant
• Could be used with children who are new to learning English, or children who need support to build a sentence which makes sense
• Colour coding of the sentence pieces allows for discussion about word type
• Builds gradually from reading and making phrases to developing simple sentences through to complex sentences and a variety of punctuation
• Colourful and easy to follow guide for the adult delivering the intervention, with photocopiable resources and assessments