'The titles in this extraordinary series are a vital resource. Nine practical guidebooks, each with an accompanying beautifully illustrated storybook, have been written to help children (aged 4-12) think about and connect with their feelings.
These guides and stories enable teachers, parents and professionals to recognise the unresolved feelings behind a child's behaviour and to respond correctly to help.
Each guidebook focuses on a key feeling and is written in very user-friendly language. The exercises, tasks and ideas for things to say and do are specifically designed to help children think about, express and process the feeling to the point of resolution.
Helping Children Locked in Rage or Hate is a guidebook to help children who:
• Hurt, hit, bite, smash, kick, shout, scream or who are out of control, hyperaroused or hyperactive
• Can only discharge their angry feelings in verbal or physical attacks, rather than being able to think about and reflect on what they feel
• Are angry because it is easier than feeling hurt or sad
• Are locked in anger or rage because of sibling rivalry
• Are controlling and punitive
• Regularly defy authority or are diagnosed with a conduct disorder
• Commit cold acts of cruelty, hurt animals or do not cry any more
• Spoil, damage or destroy what others do or make
• Create fear in others because they have locked away their own fears
• Do not want to please people, cannot trust, have stopped looking for love or approval or truly believe they do not need anyone
• Do not really know how to 'like' someone, and definitely do not know how to love someone or are affectionate only if they want something.'