Jungle Journey EA
Take your class on an exciting adventure through the jungle! Once they’ve packed their suitcases and travelled by aeroplane, they’re off to meet the animals. Teach the children how to slither like a snake, walk tall like a giraffe and throw bananas in the air like a monkey. They could even have a go at being a hula-hooping hippo! The children will love these jungle-inspired activities, and you will see their motor skills improve as they join in with the jungle dances and games, and create animals using a range of materials. The Jungle Journey is a 9-week whole-class programme for the development of early fine and gross motor skills. It is designed to be delivered to Reception/P1 classes, and helps children work towards many of the early learning goals set out in The Early Years Foundation Stage.
The Jungle Journey includes:
• A screening tool consisting of 12 assessment activities with accompanying photocopiables and record sheet
• 9 gross motor sessions, each containing warm-up, strength and skill sections
• 27 fine motor sessions (3 short sessions per week), with activities to improve skills such as hand-eye co-ordination, pencil control and finger isolation
• All the photocopiables you need for the programme, as well as song words and actions
• Additional useful information, such as ideas for improving ball skills, checklists for dressing skills and age-related guidelines for the development of gross and fine motor skills.
Contains 112 A4 pages and a CD.