The Maths Box series is a set of 6 boxes of cards, 1 for each of the year groups 1 - 6. They have been written to support the teaching and learning of the new Mathematics National Curriculum for England, and there is at least 1 card for each programme of study objective.
The cards are grouped by curriculum strands and sub-strands, in the same order as they appear in the National Curriculum document.
Separate answer cards allow pupils to work independently, at their own pace, whilst keeping a record for their own and teacher reference.
Each box contains:
• 75 high-interest, brightly-coloured cards (2 of each card, 150 cards in total)
• 75 colourful answer cards
• 1 comprehensive, photocopiable teachers’ guide
The Maths Box series has a comprehensive, photocopiableTeachers Guide to accompany each box, one per year group.
Each Teachers Guide contains:
• a scope and sequence chart, detailing the curriculum objective(s) covered by each card
• information on how to use and organise the box in the classroom
• an explanation of the different parts of the activity and answer cards
• answer recording sheets for pupils
• tracking and recording sheets for pupils and teachers, to aid assessment
• a list of materials and equipment needed for each card
• full-colour posters to aid teaching of card content and strategies, and/or display
• photocopiable activity sheets to support, practise and extend the card activities
• a full-colour copy of each answer card
• a comprehensive glossary